So, who is Stormy Daniels and how did she become famous outside of the adult film industry? Here’s what we know about her.
- Her given name is Stephanie Gregory.
- She is 39 years old. She was born on March 17, 1979, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- A quote beneath her yearbook photo reads: "We will all get along just fine as soon as you realize that I am Queen."
- She has been married three times.
- She has a daughter.
- She has a love for horses
- She has not seen either of her parents in more than a decade.
- The New York Times reported that Daniels said in an interview when she was 23, that she has "very mixed emotions about stripping because stripping got me where I am now. I own my own house, I own my own car, I own my own business. My credit is excellent. I have nice furniture and nice things."
- She considered becoming a journalist.
- Her stage name is said to have come from a combination of the name of Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx's daughter – Storm -- and Jack Daniels whiskey.
- She began her career as a stripper after she graduated high school. She moved in the adult movie business after that.
- While she has had a successful career in adult movies, she has also been in several mainstream movies and music videos, such as the movie "The 40-year-old Virgin," and Maroon 5's video "Wake Up Call." She was the pole dancer in that video.
- Since 2002, she has worked for Wicked Pictures, a studio that produces adult movies.
- In 2004, she began writing and directing for the studio.
- She won the Best New Starlet Award from Adult Video News, and the organization's award for Best Screenplay – Video.
- She was a Penthouse Pet of the Month in 2007.
- She has been inducted into the Adult Video News Hall of Fame.
- In 2009-2010 she considered a run for the U.S. Senate from her home state of Louisiana.
- She has sued Trump over what she called a 'hush-agreement' concerning the affair she claims to have had with him. She said the affair happened in 2006. Trump has denied the two had an affair.
- She said Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen, paid her $130,000 in in 2016 before the presidential election in exchange for her silence.The details of Daniels alleged affair with Trump were made public in an interview with In Touch Weekly.
- Daniels says she was threatened by a man in a Las Vegas parking lot as she put her child into a car seat. According to her, the man said, "Leave Trump alone. Forget the story. That's a beautiful little girl. It'd be a shame if something happened to her mom."
- She is working on a personal perfume line called "Truth."
See these related stories:
>>Trump acknowledges he reimbursed Cohen, lawyer who paid Stormy Daniels
>>Stormy Daniels sues Trump for defamation
>>Trump confirms Cohen represented him in 'crazy Stormy Daniels deal'
>>Stormy Daniels releases sketch of man who allegedly threatened her
>>Michael Cohen hearing: What is it about and why is Stormy Daniels going to be there?
>>Trump says he didn't know about Stormy Daniels payment
>>Stormy Daniels offers to pay back $130,000 for freedom to speak
>>Stormy Daniels appears on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live,' dodges questions about alleged Trump affair
Sources: The New York Times; The Washington Post; The Atlanta Journal Constitution; The Daily Dot