The Knoxville News-Sentinel reports the woman was found by fire rescue crews at her home fanning light smoke. Authorities said there was melting fiberglass tub in the bathroom after the woman had "lit a small, wood-burning grill inside the bathtub."
The woman placed meat on a wire rack across the rim of the tub and the heat melted the fiberglass, authorities added. Knoxville Fire Department Capt. D.J. Corcoran said this incident was "a first in our books" and that "the tub and brisket were a total loss."
"Now, this may sound tempting and tasty, but now comes our public service announcement; 'THIS IS NOT A SAFE PRACTICE, AND OVER 50% OF RESIDENTIAL FIRES INVOLVE COOKING," Corcoran wrote in a press release, according to WVLT.