A Texas woman is suing a Fort Worth Olive Garden restaurant over a stuffed mushroom appetizer she claims burned her throat.
Danny Howard filed the lawsuit earlier this month, alleging that she suffered severe burns and even stopped breathing in August 2017 when the hot mushrooms she ordered lodged in her throat, the Star-Telegram reported.
Howard contends the wait staff did not warn her how hot the mushrooms were.
She said she was forced to call 911 while on her way to see a doctor over the throat burns and was eventually admitted to Parkland Hospital’s Burn Unit.
She is seeking $200,000 to $1 million in damages, the newspaper reported.
Olive Garden has not commented on the case.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.