As if seeing the latest and greatest cars, pickup trucks, crossovers, SUVs, minivans, hybrids and motorcycles isn’t enough, there’s an even greater incentive to attend the 2018 Dayton Auto Show, slated for Feb. 22-25 at the Dayton Convention Center, 22 E. Fifth St. in downtown Dayton.
You may win some hot metal of your own.
The Miami Valley Chevrolet Dealers have announced they are offering a two-year lease on a 2018 Chevy Equinox LT SUV to some lucky attendee. To enter, visit a Chevy dealership between Feb. 5 and the show, or enter up until 1 p.m. on the last day of the show. A final drawing will take place at 3 p.m. that day, and you must be present to win.
Dozens of 2018 vehicles available now and specialty vehicles will appear. More than 100 SUVs, trucks, cars and hybrids are expected to be displayed.
Other show highlights will be:
• Military Appreciation Days, Feb. 22-23, all with military ID will gain free entry, sponsored by the Dayton Area Toyota Dealers
• Back for a repeat, the Toyota Drive Center featuring different models for test-driving around downtown Dayton. Located at the main entrance on Fifth Street, the following vehicles may be available to drive, subject to change: the first-ever C-HR, the all-new Camry, RAV4 and Highlander.
• Also back for a repeat: FCA Drive Experience, featuring the Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Charger, Jeep Compass, Ram 1500 Crew and Fiat 500x
• Special entertainment attractions for kids, including animals from Wild Hearts African Farm and Petting Zoo, Matt the Balloon Guy and Face Doodles by Jen
DID YOU KNOW: Ohio flu hospitalizations this season top 7,000
• Dayton Dragons booth Feb. 24-25. Attendees can stop by for a chance to win a VIP Dayton Dragons prize pack that will include 4 stadium seats, pre-game tour, 4 Dragons hats and T-shirts. Heater and Gem will make several appearances Feb. 24-25 (time TBD).
• Correctly identifying makes and models of vehicles featured in various photos during a photo scavenger hunt will give attendees the chance to win a 55-inch Samsung UHD TV.
• Exhibit by Clean Fuels Ohio, a statewide nonprofit organization that improves air quality and health, reduces environmental pollution, and strengthens Ohio’s economy by helping businesses, governments, nonprofits and individuals transition to cleaner, domestic fuels and energy-saving vehicles
Show sponsors are the Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun, Miami Valley Chevy Dealers and Dayton Area Toyota Dealers.
For more information, look for a special 2018 Dayton Auto Show tabloid inserted in the Feb. 18 Dayton Daily News and Springfield News-Sun.
FIVE FAST READS
HOW TO GO TO THE 2018 DAYTON AUTO SHOW
WHAT: Dayton Auto Show
WHEN: Feb. 22-25
WHERE: Dayton Convention Center, 22 E. Fifth St.
- Feb. 22, Noon-9 p.m.
- Feb. 23, Noon-9 p.m.
- Feb. 24, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Feb. 25, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
ADMISSION: $8 for adults at the door, $6 online at https://www.tix123.com/tix123/eTic.cfm?code=DAS18. Children ages 9 and younger are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
DISCOUNTS: Feb. 22-23 – Military Appreciation Day, all with military ID will gain free entry; Seniors, age 65-plus, $6 at door. Student discount with student ID, $6 at door
PARKING: Available in the Transportation Center garage, one block east of the Dayton Convention Center on Fifth and Jefferson streets. There is a covered skywalk on Level 1 that will bring you to the third floor at the Dayton Convention Center facility. Daily rates are $2/hour or part hour with a $6 maximum.
INFORMATION: DaytonAutoShow.com; Facebook: Facebook.com/DaytonAutoShow; Twitter: @DaytonAutoShow; Instagram: @DaytonAutoShow