Indian Lake State Park has become even more unique now that a $1.5 million pool opened at the facility.
Here are 5 reasons why you should visit the park this summer:
1. You need to see the pool. The park is one of the few campground in the state to have a pool. This allows for those with a preference to swim in a pool or lake. (Read more on the new pool.)
2. Weekend camping trip or day trip. Indian Lake provides for a quick and easy weekend getaway. For those wishing to stay the night, the park offers about 500 campsites and several cottages.
3. Boating and fishing on the lake. Indian Lake boasts a 5,800-acre lake, leaving plenty of room for swimming, fishing and boating.
4. Hiking and biking trails. The park offers two hiking trails and a paved biking and jogging trail on its grounds.
5. A feast of restaurants. There is no shortage of restaurants, pubs, and coffee shops for people to dine at while they visit the park. Many of them are on the southwestern end of the park.
Some view of Indian Lake State Park on Instagram.