Caption

Reports: 2 students sickened by tainted gummy bears

Two students in the Laurel Highlands School District were sickened by tainted gummy bears, according to a tip received by WPXI.

>> Read more trending news

The tipster also said the high school students were hospitalized after eating the gummy bears.

Superintendent Jesse Wallace confirmed that something like that did happen.

A statement read, in part, “we are under the impression that our students are stable and wish them a safe recovery.”

Wallace also said the district is investigating if there was an illegal substance involved.

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Most read

  1. 1 Active shooter reported at Noblesville, Indiana middle school
  2. 2 Shots fired at Indiana middle school: reports
  3. 3 Paradise Keys South in Kettering closes permanently

More from Daytondailynews