A man wearing a dark jacket and armed with a knife demanded cash from a Marathon gas station employee in the 500 block of E. North Street in Sidney on Monday night.
Police say the suspect fled the gas station in a white minivan that was waiting outside after getting the cash from the register.
Several minutes later, officers located three suspects in the 300 block of E. Court Street, where they recovered the clothing used in the robbery along with the cash that was stolen from the register, according to police.
Officials say a joint investigation with Piqua and Sidney police departments is ongoing and their investigation leads them to suspect this group of individuals may have been involved. Additional charges are being reviewed by Miami County authorities.
- Three people arrested
- Arthur Leon Bennett, 25, charged with one count of Aggravated Robbery
- Bennett is also charged with one count of Complicity to Commit Aggravated Robbery for his suspected involvement in a robbery at City Carryout in Sidney on Sunday
- Jesse A. Wriston, 26, charged with one count of Complicity to commit Aggravated Robbery of the first degree
- Norita Gleason, 46, charged with one count of Complicity to commit Aggravated Robbery of the first degree
- On the day of that robbery, police arrested Brett Copeland, who is a relative of Bennett.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.