UPDATE @ 11 a.m.
Tifton Greens residential community is back open after a natural gas leak was caused when a line was struck during landscaping work.
Two people had to temporarily leave their apartment and six others were ordered to stay in their homes until the gas leak was shut off, according to a Washington Twp. fire official.
UPDATE @ 9:55 a.m.
A strong odor of natural gas is in the air at the Tifton Greens community in Washington Twp. where residents of an apartment building have been evacuated.
Police are blocking the entrance into the residential community. Nearby residents were advised to shelter-in-place until the gas leak is stopped.
Vectren is on scene working to cut off the gas feed and make repairs to a gas line that was struck.
An apartment building in Washington Twp. is being evacuated after a gas line was struck, causing a leak.
Crews responded shortly before 9 a.m. to the 6600 block of Golf Green Drive, which is located off Clyo Road west of Bigger Road.
Residents of the building are being ordered out for their safety, according to the Washington Twp. fire dispatch center.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Download our free apps to get news and weather updates on your mobile devices.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.