Highway construction remains in low-gear this month because of the weather, but work is still underway. Note closures as Interstate 75 project through downtown Dayton continues. Here’s the list of current construction for the week of Jan. 26.
• The ramp from U.S. 35 eastbound to I-75 northbound, closed through September 2017. During this time, motorists will be able to utilize the specially designed U-turn lane located at the Edwin C. Moses Boulevard exit.
• Robert Drive between Fifth Street and Third Street, road closed through September 2017. The official detour during this closure is: Southbound- Perry Street to Fourth Street Northbound- Fifth Street to Wilkinson.
• First Street between Robert Drive and Red Cross Lane, road closed through September 2017. The official detour during this closure is: Salem Avenue/First Street to Robert Drive to Third Street to Wilkinson to First Street.
• The First Street, Second Street and Third Street ramps along I-75 northbound and southbound, permently closed. A newly constructed ramp is scheduled to open to motorists in the downtown area in December 2016. The official detour during these ramp closures is: I-75 North to U.S. 35 East to Jefferson Street to First and Third Streets. Motorists can also use Main Street or Edwin C. Moses Boulevard.
• Second Street between Edwin C. Moses Boulevard and Red Cross Lane, road closure through September 2017. Detour posted.
• Salem Avenue between Edwin C. Moses Boulevard and Robert Drive road closed through September 2017. Detour posted
• Robert Drive between Monument Avenue and Third Street, road closed through September 2017. Detour posted
• Vista View Drive between Second Street and Third Street, road closed through September 2017. Detour posted
• State Route 835/Research Boulevard between Founders Drive and County Line Road, lane closures through April 30. One lane will remain open in each direction at all times.
• Dixie Drive north and south between U.S. 40 and Cresthill Avenue, lane closures through August. One lane will remain open in each direction at all times.
• I-70 between Enon Road and U.S. 68, lane addition project. Three lanes are open in each direction.
• Montgomery -Meeker Road at I-70, road closed Feb. 9 through July 31. The official detour is: Little York Road to Frederick Pike to Meeker Road. Aullwood Drive will be closed to through traffic from U.S. 40 at Meeker Road. Meeker Road will be closed to through traffic between Frederick Pike and I-70 and between Little York Road and I-70.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.