Dad accidentally eats pot brownies, calls cat names

A Nebraska parent told paramedics he felt like he was "trippin'" after he unknowingly ate four marijuana brownies on Tuesday night, the Omaha World-Herald reported.

Police found the 53-year-old Omaha man after they got a call reporting an accidental overdose around 9:45 p.m. The man's vital signs appeared to be normal.

"But they (paramedics) noted he was displaying odd behavior — crawling around on the floor, randomly using profanities and calling the family cat 'a (expletive)'," the World-Herald reported.

Explore>> Read more trending stories

The trouble started earlier Tuesday while the man was unloading groceries. He found brownies in the backseat of a car that his kids had used earlier in the day, according to to newspaper.

Naturally, he ate four of them.

Later, as he and his wife watched TV, he told her he was feeling anxious. His wife tried to get in touch with their children to find out if the brownies had anything in them but couldn't reach them.

One of their children showed up after police arrived at the couple's home. He told officers the brownies were his siblings' and added that he was "pretty sure it was just marijuana in the brownies."

Paramedics put the man to bed after he declined to go to the hospital, and police instructed the couple to call 911 again if things got worse, according to the World-Herald.