Other business policies
Commitment to fair housing
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity through the Nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, and handicap, familial status, or national origin. No Pets* indicates that although the advertiser does not accept pets, in accordance with Fair Housing laws, service and/or companion animals are permitted, when properly requested by those disabled individuals who need them.
Policy of Cox Media Group Ohio For Maintaining Do-Not-Call Lists
Cox Media Group Ohio has adopted this policy to honor the telephone privacy preference of its customers and potential customers. This policy shall be followed by all individuals who use the telephone to market the services and products offered by the Newspaper.
The Newspaper maintains a "do-not-call" list in compliance with applicable law to enable recipients of telephone marketing contracts to prevent future unwanted calls. It is the policy of the Newspaper to train all personnel engaged in any aspect of telephone solicitations or marketing on behalf of the Newspaper regarding the existence and use of this "do-not-call" list.
- If a Newspaper sales representative (or a contractor making a telephone solicitation on behalf of the Newspaper) receives a request from a telephone subscriber not to receive future calls from the Newspaper, that person shall (1) record the request, and (2) place the subscriber's name and telephone on the "do-not-call" list at the time the request was made.
- In order to protect the privacy of the Newspaper's customers and prospective customers, the Newspaper shall not, without first obtaining prior express consent of the telephone subscriber, share or forward the subscriber's request not to be called to any party other than the Newspaper, an affiliated entity or a contractor who makes calls on behalf of the Newspaper.
- The Newspaper has appointed a do-not-call list administrator who shall be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Policy and all legal requirements, including but not limited to compliance with the national and Ohio "DO NOT CALL" list requirements, training of employees, keeping of records, compliance verification, response to claims that there has been an inadvertent violation of this Policy, and all other requirements. Any questions regarding requirements of this Policy should be directed to Lora Arnold, (937) 754-2516.
Cox Media Group Ohio paid obituary and in memoriam policies and guidelines
Paid Obituaries and In Memoriam notices are published seven days a week in the Dayton Daily News.
Hours of Operation: The Cox Media Group Ohio Obituary Department is open Monday through Friday 9:00 am-6:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday 2:00 pm-6:00 pm. Deadline is 5:00 pm each day for the following day’s publication. Recognized holiday hours are 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm. We are closed on Christmas day.
Free Listing: Cox Media Group Ohio offers a one-time, five-line listing at no charge to the funeral home. Listing includes the deceased name, age, city, date of death, time of service or visitation (not both) and name of funeral home.
Copy Acceptance for Obituaries and Photos:
- All obituaries must be e-mailed, faxed or walked in. NO OBITS WILL BE TAKEN OVER THE PHONE.
- All obituaries placed by private party individuals or out of state funeral homes must be prepaid.
- Photos – Only the deceased’s photo will be printed. All other people in the photo will be edited out.
- No changes will be made to an obituary by anyone other than the individual or funeral home that placed the obituary.
- No personal information or costs will be provided to anyone other than the individual or funeral home placing the obituary.
- Ad proofs and cost will be sent to the individual or funeral home that placed the obituary by end of each business day.
- Obituaries placed by private party individuals must provide the name of the funeral home, mortuary, crematory or research institute to which the body was donated in order to verify authenticity of the deceased. At the time of verification, Cox Media Group Ohio will also gain permission from the funeral home or other provider to use their name in the obituary if so requested by the individual.
If you have questions about our Obituary and In Memoriam policies, please feel free to contact us directly at: 937-225-2009 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All obituaries and death notices that appear in the publications of Cox Media Group Ohio will also appear on our websites for 90 days. For enhanced Guest Book options, please visit our obituaries page.