As a recent graduate from Central State University I am thrilled to begin my career in my hometown with Newscenter 7! I am an All Media Journalist and I provide content for television, radio, and print.See Less
Where were you born?
Where did you grow up?
What was your favorite TV show then?
What was the first thing you ever wanted to be?
How might someone have described you in high school?
What was your first job?
What was your first job in television?
What do you like about your job?
What do you not like about your job?
What might people be surprised to know about you?
What is the hardest thing you ever did?
What would be a perfect day for you?
What advice would you have for someone wanting to go into the business?
Favorite CBS show:
Favorite Miami Valley Place:
Favorite travel destination:
I was born and raised in Dayton, Ohio. I attended Dayton Christian Schools from Kindergarten all the way through High School at their various campuses. I ran track and played football as a student at Dayton Christian. I also played trumpet in the band for seven years.
In May of 2014, I graduated from Central State University with a bachelor’s degree in Communication with a focus in Broadcast Media. During my college years I was a member of the Invincible Marching Marauders, served as president of the National Association of Black Journalists, and hosted the radio program “Jazz at Sundown” on Jazzy 88.9 WCSU. I also worked in WHIO radio as a board operator and helped produce "Flyer Feedback."
I was granted the opportunity to become an All Media Journalist during my last semester of college. I am looking forward to telling the stories of our community. I couldn't be more excited about covering Dayton, Ohio!
Q & A
- Dayton, OH
- Dayton, OH
- Nickleodeon's All That
- Video Game Designer
- Well rounded. I juggled fine arts and sports at Dayton Christian high school.
- Working as an office assistant at Central State University. My Alma Mater!
- All Media Journalist for News Center 7 WHIO
- It's unpredictable. You never know what you'll experience each day.
- Speaking with people immediately after they've lost a family member. There is no easy way to do that. You just have to be as sensitive and understanding as possible.
- I played trumpet for 9 years. I was a member of the Central State University Invincible Marching Marauders!
- My senior year of college. I had three jobs, two on campus, and the other in WHIO radio. I also had a full load of classes. I'm happy I was able to make it through.
- A quiet day relaxing with friends and family.
- Pay attention to current events, and practicing writing and speaking. Also, utilize social media to produce your own independent news stories. You don't have to wait to gain experience if you choose to be proactive.
- The Sport of the Gods by Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Playing sports
- The Greene
- The Fast & the Furious Series
- Hip-Hop, R&B, and Rock