Mudlick Tap House relocated from Germantown to downtown Dayton this time one year ago.
They pride themselves on mindfully sourced food and handcrafted drinks.
In fact, the only freezer in the entire building is a small reach-in that holds gelato and sorbet.
Proprieters Jennifer Dean and Forrest Williams are passionate about the sourcing of Mudlick dishes and working with the kitchen staff to create them from scratch.
Dean and Williams have found many exciting ways to create events that compliment the Mudlick Tap House brand including bimonthly guided kayaking tours on the Mad River (happening July 9 and July 30) as well as special dinners. The restaurant is planning a New Holland beer dinner coming up for Dayton Beer Week on Aug. 22 featuring a four-course dinner with limited and season release pairings.
The restaurant continues to fine tune its offerings with a new summer menu that launched in early June.
>> DAYTON MYTH BUSTERS: Is Pizza Factory pizza the same as South Park Tavern Pizza?
New menu items include:
- A fresh ahi yellowfin tuna steak, pan seared to medium rare over lemon garlic cauliflower rice, served with sesame ginger green beans and cabbage and finished with a pineapple passionfruit chutney
- Shrimp and grits with andouille sausage topped with a Cajun red sauce and finished with sautéed asparagus tips
- Deviled eggs made with New Orleans Blue Plate Mayo, horseradish, dill, dijon and dusted with smoked paprika, garnished with radish on a bed of arugula
- Burrata grilled cheese stuffed finished with a special spinach-arugula pesto, oven roasted tomato and artichoke to compliment the creamy filling inside.
- A poutine made with Dragons Milk braised beef brisket, shredded atop a bed of our house cut fries, topped with cheddar cheese curds, porter gravy and chopped tarragon
- Addictive Buffalo "Boomflower" made with Lord Hobo Boom Sauce IPA battered cauliflower florets fried golden and tossed in buffalo sauce served with gorgonzola or buttermilk ranch dipping sauce.
Happy hours, specials
Special features are constantly in rotation and can be found by visiting the restaurant’s Facebook page. "Happiness hours" happen from 3-6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday featuring half price bottles of wine, $6 cocktail feature and $2 off draft beers as well as half off the pretzel and bier cheese appetizer.
"Much of our menu incorporates liquor and craft beer in the dishes. The flavor profiles take dishes to the next level," said Dean who is looking forward to another great year downtown.
Contact this contributing writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WANT TO GO?
What: Mudlick Tap House
Where: 135 E. 2nd St., Dayton
More information: 937-895-4066 or mudlicktaphouse.com