With Kentucky in the midst of another charge toward the Final Four, Kentucky players Kevin Knox, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Hamidou Diallo are getting their last chances of the season to improve their NBA draft stocks.
Gilgeous-Alexander has averaged 23 points, 7 rebounds, 6.5 assists and 3.5 steals in Kentucky’s two NCAA Tournament wins. Knox had a 25-point performance against Davidson in the first round. Diallo, in his best game as a Wildcat, had 22 points and 8 rebounds against Buffalo in the second round.
Here’s where Knox, Gilgeous-Alexander and Diallo — along with PJ Washington and injured freshman forward Jarred Vanderbilt — stand in NBA mock drafts.
SF/PF Kevin Knox: 6-foot-9, 215 pounds (Fr.)
- Sports Illustrated: 10th overall to Charlotte Hornets
- Bleacher Report: 10th overall to Charlotte Hornets
- Basketball Insiders: 10th overall to Charlotte Hornets
- NBAdraft.net: 11th overall to Philadelphia 76ers
- CBS Sports: 12th overall to Charlotte Hornets
- Sporting News: 12th overall draft prospect
- The Ringer: 13th overall to Utah Jazz
- SB Nation: 13th overall to Denver Nuggets
- The Athletic: 14th overall draft prospect
- ESPN: 15th overall to Phoenix Suns
“Until Charlotte hires a new GM, it’s tough to really chart their draft course, but a malleable talent like Knox, who’s still learning the game, would be a useful building block for the long run,” wrote Jeremy Woo of Sports Illustrated. “He had an up-and-down season, but his scoring touch, three-point shooting potential and physical tools give you a lot to work with. Knox may not be a star, but he’s far from a defined product and should be able to play both forward spots.”
PG Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: 6-6, 180 pounds (Fr.)
- The Ringer: 10th overall to Philadelphia 76ers
- NBAdraft.net: 12th overall to Los Angeles Clippers
- The Athletic: 12th overall draft prospect
- SB Nation: 12th overall to Philadelphia 76ers
- ESPN: 13th overall to Denver Nuggets
- Sports Illustrated: 13th overall to Denver Nuggets
- Bleacher Report: 14th overall to Denver Nuggets
- Basketball Insiders: 15th overall to Phoenix Suns
- CBS Sports: 17th overall to Indiana Pacers
- Sporting News: 17th overall draft prospect
“Denver could use a well-rounded playmaker to enable Jamal Murray to spend more time running off screens,” wrote Woo. “Gilgeous-Alexander has become Kentucky’s best player and potentially its best prospect, emerging as a dark horse to be the best long-term point guard in this crop if he lands in a good situation. He was fantastic during the Wildcats’ SEC tournament run and is pushing the envelope for late-lottery consideration. He’s a crafty finisher and improving shooter, and his size, length and instincts are all appealing.”
SG Hamidou Diallo: 6-5, 198 pounds (R-Fr.)
- Basketball Insiders: 28th overall to Brooklyn Nets
- NBAdraft.net: 30th overall to Atlanta Hawks
- Bleacher Report: 30th overall to Atlanta Hawks
- ESPN: 43rd overall to Los Angeles Lakers
- The Athletic: 58th overall draft prospect
- Sporting News: 60th overall draft prospect
SF Jarred Vanderbilt: 6-9, 214 pounds (Fr.)
PF PJ Washington: 6-7, 236 pounds (Fr.)
- ESPN: 45th overall draft prospect
The post 2018 NBA mock draft: Where are Kentucky players projected? appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.