TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama football is set to continue its SEC slate with home matchup against Ole Miss on Saturday.
Kickoff is set for 9 p.m.m ET on ESPN. Here are some pregame injury notes and observations.
What we saw
- Defensive lineman Da’Ron Payne, linebacker Anfernee Jennings and tight end Hale Hentges are Alabama’s captains against Ole Miss.
- Linebacker Jamey Mosley, who missed multiple days of practice due to an illness, is dressed and went through warmups with his position.
- Mekhi Brown and Joshua McMillon are listed as co-starters at the SAM linebacker spot, which is where Mosley had been starting.
- McMillon warmed up at outside linebacker with the first-team defense.
- This is the healthiest Alabama has been since Week 1 against Florida State. Everyone who is supposed to be dressed out is going through warmups and looks ready to go.
- Ronnie Clark is taking reps with the running backs. Clark has split his time this season as a tailback and an H-back.
- Look for Alabama’s defense to play a lot of nickel tonight. That means Minkah Fitzpatrick at star (fifth defensive back), and Ronnie Harrison and Hootie Jones at the safety spots. Ole Miss likes to spread the field with three receivers and try to create mismatches in space.
Alabama is here pic.twitter.com/elCyIfVmae
— Marq Burnett (@Marq_Burnett) September 30, 2017
The post Alabama football: Injury updates, pregame notes ahead of Ole Miss kickoff appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.