Auburn football will be back home against Mississippi State on Saturday, September 30, 2017, fresh off opening its SEC schedule with a huge blowout win against struggling Missouri. Find game time, TV channel and how to watch online information below.
The No. 13 Tigers (3-1, 1-0 SEC) will hope to send No. 24 Mississippi State (3-1, 1-1 SEC) reeling after the Bulldogs opened their two-game road trip with a 31-3 loss at Georgia. Auburn, on the other hand, slammed Missouri by a score of 51-14 in its first-ever trip to the Show Me State.
While Mississippi State has won three of the last five meetings against Auburn, the Tigers pulled off the biggest win in recent series history last season with a 38-14 victory in Starkville. If Auburn can execute that type of win again, it will be in good shape heading into the meat of its SEC slate.
Auburn-Mississippi State football game time, details
Time: 6 p.m. ET/5 p.m. CT
Date: Saturday, Sept. 30
Location: Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, Ala.
Line: Auburn by 10
What channel is Auburn-Mississippi State football on?
ESPN is broadcasting this game between Auburn and Mississippi State.
How can I watch Auburn-Mississippi State football online?
You can stream the Auburn and Mississippi State game at WatchESPN.
Who is calling the Auburn-Mississippi State game for ESPN?
Dave Flemming will be the play-by-play man, Brian Griese will be the analyst and Todd McShay will be the sideline reporter for Auburn and Mississippi State.
How can I listen to Auburn-Mississippi State football on the radio?
You can listen to the Auburn Sports Network call of the Auburn and Mississippi State game with Rod Bramblett, Stan White and Ronnie Brown. Locally in Auburn, the broadcast is on 93.9 FM. The Auburn Sports Network also offers a stream on AuburnTigers.com and the TuneIn app.
Auburn-Mississippi State football preview
- Remember him?: Auburn running back Kamryn Pettway rushed a career-high 39 times in the Tigers’ 24-point win against Mississippi State last season. Pettway is expected to play in Week 5 after Auburn held him out of the entire Week 4 win vs. Missouri.
- Hello, top 10: After throwing just 4 incompletions last week against Missouri, Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham is now ninth nationally in completion percentage at 70.6. That’s the highest mark in the SEC, narrowly ahead of Ole Miss quarterback Shea Patterson.
- Top 5: Auburn is fourth nationally in total yards allowed per game and is only one of two SEC teams (Georgia at ninth) to be inside the top 10. The Tigers are even statistically at 3.63 yards per play with Clemson, a team they played in Week 2.
- Gimme five: Auburn running back Kerryon Johnson rushed for 5 touchdowns last Saturday against Missouri, tying a season FBS high. His mark was just one shy of the school record, which was set by Carnell “Cadillac” Williams in 2003.
- Hat tip to SEC Network’s Cole Cubelic for this note: Auburn is 15-1 at home as a ranked team under Gus Malzahn, the only loss coming against unranked Texas A&M in 2014.
The post Auburn-Mississippi State football: Time, TV channel, watch online for Week 5 (September 30, 2017) game appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.