Welcome to Big 12 DieHards’ Week 5 Offensive Player of the Week. There were a number of exciting performances across the Big 12 from offensive players, but one stood apart.
Also check out our other Big 12 player of the week awards:
- Offensive player of the week Mason Rudolph
- Defensive player of the week Deshon Elliott
- Special teams player of the week Matthew McCrane
- Newcomer of the week Damarcus Fields
Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph
Result: 41-34 win over Texas Tech
Oklahoma State’s offense hasn’t been its full self the past two games, but don’t trust Mason Rudolph. The senior quarterback continues to put up some of the best numbers in the nation.
On the road against Texas Tech, Rudolph completed 71 percent of his passes for 376 yards and 3 touchdowns. He also added 50 rushing yards and another two touchdowns in a 41-34 win over the Red Raiders on Saturday.
With the performance, Rudolph ranks No. 2 nationally with 1,909 yards and 16 touchdowns. His only competition is UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen, who has thrown 72 more pass attempts through the same amount of games.
Rudolph is also one of just four Power Five quarterbacks nationally to average 10 or more yards per pass attempt. With 11.0, he trails only Baker Mayfield. His 173 pass attempts among those players is nearly 50 more than the next player.
Despite Oklahoma State’s close games, Rudolph continues to be on another level apart from almost every quarterback in football in terms of both production and efficiency. Only Mayfield comes close.
- Baylor wide receiver Denzel Mims had another strong performance with 7 catches for 127 yards and a touchdown in a 33-20 loss to Kansas State.
- Oklahoma State running back Justice Hill had a career high 164 yards in the win over Texas Tech. Wide receiver James Washington also moved to the nation’s leader in receiving yards after posting 127 yards and a score against Tech.
The post DieHards Big 12 Offensive Player of Week 5: Mason Rudolph posts video game numbers appeared first on Diehards.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.