Kentucky hosts Eastern Michigan at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, and the Wildcats are a 2-touchdown favorite. Full odds and our picks on the game are below.
This will be the first meeting between Kentucky and Eastern Michigan, a Mid-American Conference program. Kentucky is coming off a deflating loss to Florida in Week 4. Eastern Michigan also lost in Week 4, falling 27-20 in overtime to Ohio. However, the Eagles beat Rutgers in Week 2, the program’s first win over Power 5 team in school history.
Kentucky (3-1, 1-1 SEC) beat South Carolina on the road in Week 3, but hasn’t looked strong in conference play. While the Wildcats are 2-touchdown favorites against Eastern Michigan, their previous two nonconference games were decided by a total of 18 points.
Kentucky-Eastern Michigan Week 5 betting odds
Kentucky is currently a 14.5-point favorite, according to MyBookie. The over/under for the game is 49.5points. The Wildcats have yet to beat any team by more than 11 points, and the most points scored in a Kentucky game in 2017 came against Florida (55 points).
Kentucky-Eastern Michigan betting picks
Kyle Tucker’s pick: The Wildcats will bounce back and blow by the Eagles by more than 2 touchdowns, although not by enough to take the over on the points total. Sure, Eastern Michigan beat Rutgers, but Rutgers stinks. And the Eagles have lost to Missouri (2016) by 40, LSU (2015) by 22, and Florida and Michigan State (2014) by 65 and 59. Kentucky 35, Eastern Michigan 10.
Joe Mussatto’s pick: I think the line is right on the money but I’ll take the under — just barely. Eastern Michigan went on the road earlier in this season and beat Rutgers, maybe the worst team in the Big Ten, but it’s still a road win against a Power 5 team. I don’t think Kentucky is in danger of losing this game, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Cats came out flat after all the buildup and result of last week’s Florida loss. There’s just not a lot to be excited about for this game. Kentucky 31, Eastern Michigan 17.
Kentucky-Eastern Michigan betting preview
- This is the first meeting between Kentucky and Eastern Michigan.
- Eastern Michigan’s win over Rutgers in Week 2 was its first win over a Big Ten opponent in 39 tries, and its first overall win over a Power 5 opponent in program history. The Eagles beat Rutgers 16-13, using a field goal early in the fourth quarter to take the lead and then hanging on for the victory.
- Eastern Michigan’s last game against an SEC opponent came in 2016, when Missouri beat the Eagles 61-21.
- Kentucky ranks ninth nationally in rushing yards allowed, surrendering just 89.2 yards per game on the ground. Eastern Michigan is only averaging 95 rushing yards per game — a figure that ranks 120th in the nation.
- Eastern Michigan’s rushing defense has been porous, surrendering 155 yards per game on the ground. However, the Eagles have been surprisingly stout against the pass. They’re holding opponents to a 49 percent completion percentage, allowing just 3 passing touchdowns to 5 interceptions.
- Some advice? Take the under. Eastern Michigan hasn’t given up over 20 points in regulation so far in 2017; Kentucky hasn’t scored more than 27 points in a game yet this year.
- Kentucky lost 28-27 to Florida in Week 4, blowing a 13-point lead. The Wildcats missed a 57-yard field goal as time expired to end the game.
The post Kentucky-Eastern Michigan: Betting odds, picks for Week 5 game (09/30/2017) appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.