No. 5 seed Kentucky basketball will play No. 9 seed Kansas State on Thursday, March 22, 2018, in the Sweet 16 of the 2018 NCAA Tournament. Find game time, TV channel and how to watch online below.
ATLANTA, Ga. — Barry Brown has been studying Kentucky point guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, MVP of the SEC Tournament and star of the Wildcats’ first weekend in the NCAA Tournament. Brown is Kansas State’s leader in steals and the man who enjoys locking down opposing floor generals.
“Just watch a lot of tape and kind of see where he wants to pick his spots, how he handles pressure,” Brown said. “I’ve been watching him a lot, so I kind of know what he likes to do and where he wants to be on offense, and just trying to attack him on defense.”
Kansas State ranks 20 th nationally in defensive efficiency and in steals per game (7.9) — including 19 total in the first two NCAA Tournament games — and Brown has 64 steals this season. He hounded Oklahoma star Trae Young into one of the worst games of his season: 2 for 10 from 3-point range, 12 turnovers.
Opposing point guards haven’t shot it great against Brown, but they have found ways around him. Kansas’ Davonte Graham and West Virginia’s Javon Carter both had 11-assist games against Kansas State.
“They’re really physical. All their guards are — really strong opposing guards,” said Gilgeous-Alexander, who has averaged 21.8 points, 6.6 assists, 5.8 rebounds, 2.4 steals and only 2.0 turnovers in five postseason games. “But I’ve seen a lot of defenses this year, and I’ll be ready for the challenge.”
Kentucky-Kansas State game time, details
- Time: 9:37 p.m. ET
- Date: March 22, 2018
- Location: Philips Arena (21,000)
- Records: Kentucky 26-10; Kansas State 24-11
- Favorite: Kentucky by 5
What TV channel is Kentucky-Kansas State on?
You can watch Kentucky vs. Kansas State on CBS. Brian Anderson, Chris Webber and Lisa Byington will be on the call.
How can I watch Kentucky-Kansas State online?
Stream Kentucky vs. Kansas State (and all NCAA Tournament games) online with March Madness Live.
How can I listen to Kentucky-Kansas State on the radio?
Kentucky and Kansas State will be broadcast on the UK Sports Network. That’s 630-AM on Lexington radio and can be streamed at iHeart Radio. You can also listen on XM channel TBA and Sirius channel TBA.
Kentucky-Kansas State preview
- Don’t drink the poison. That has been John Calipari’s message all week after so much national buzz about how easy Kentucky’s path to the Final Four could be. Believe that, he says, and you’re going home early. The players talk like they’re buying what the coach is selling.
- Kansas State will have something to say about that easy path, too. “They still have to lace up their shoes and see us.” This is a team picked eighth in the Big 12 but finished fourth and is playing on the second weekend in the NCAA Tournament, so being written off is its fuel.
- Will Jarred Vanderbilt play Thursday night? It seems unlikely, but he was at least in a practice uniform and sneakers on Wednesday and will try to give Kentucky whatever he can. Perhaps he’ll be an emergency-only option for the Cats with eyes on playing later in the tournament if UK keeps dancing.
- Will KSU star Dean Wade play against Kentucky? That seems far more likely than Vanderbilt playing. The purple-clad Wildcats scratched out two NCAA wins without him, but it would be a tall order to beat the blue Cats unless he’s available and productive.
The post Kentucky-Kansas State NCAA Tournament: Game time, TV channel, how to watch online (March 22, 2018) appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.