Kentucky basketball will play Missouri on Saturday, February 24, 2018. Find game time, TV channel and how to watch online below.
Wait, there’s a game happening this weekend? Kentucky’s deputy athletic director, DeWayne Peevy, did his best to get the gaggle of reporters gathered Friday in Lexington to focus on Cats vs. Tigers.
All anyone wanted to talk about with coach John Calipari, however, was the explosive Yahoo! Sports report that implicated UK players (past and present) and other stars and high-profile programs in a scandal involving payments from agents.
RELATED: Knox Sr. denies meeting with agent
On the court, this is an important game for the Wildcats, who seem to have figured some things out in the last two games. They beat a pair of top-50 teams — Alabama at home, Arkansas on the road — by double digits, shaking off a four-game losing streak and discovering a winning combination of players that might be the start of something.
“We’re getting better,” Calipari said Friday, “but it’s all game to game with a young group like this.”
Now that gets put to the test against a Missouri team that already beat the Wildcats in Columbia and is making a push for an NCAA Tournament invitation. Oh, and the Tigers might be getting back the former No. 1-ranked recruit in the Class of 2017, Michael Porter Jr., just in time for this game.
“They’ve got a good team. They shoot the ball well. They got good size. They lost a couple games they could have won,” Calipari said. “They’re one of those teams in that pack of teams that we’re all pretty much the same. So we’ve got to play the way we’ve been playing to give ourselves a chance.”
To his point about that pack: Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, Alabama, Florida and Mississippi State all enter Saturday in a six-way tie for third place in the SEC.
Kentucky-Missouri game time, details
- Time: 8:15 p.m. ET
- Date: Saturday, February 24, 2018
- Location: Rupp Arena (23,000), Lexington, Ky.
- Records: Kentucky 19-9, 8-7 SEC; Missouri 18-10, 8-7 SEC
- Favorite: Kentucky by 6
What TV channel is Kentucky-Missouri on?
You can watch Kentucky vs. Missouri on ESPN. Tom Hart and Sean Farnham will be on the call.
How can I watch Kentucky-Missouri online?
Stream Kentucky vs. Missouri online on ESPN3.com and the WatchESPN app.
How can I listen to Kentucky-Missouri on the radio?
Kentucky and Missouri will be broadcast on the UK Sports Network. That’s 630-AM on Lexington radio and can be streamed at iHeart Radio. You can also listen on XM channel 190 and Sirius channel 137.
- So will Michael Porter Jr. play against Kentucky? “I have no idea,” Calipari said. “You know what I know.” What we know is Porter, who played just 2 minutes in Mizzou’s season opener and has sat out since then with a back injury, was cleared for all activity this week and practiced Friday. It seems unlikely he’ll play against the Wildcats, but when asked if Porter would at least suit up Saturday, Tigers coach Cuonzo Martin said, “If it makes him feel good, that’s fine.”
- A few months ago, Kentucky-Mizzou looked like it would give us two thrilling match-ups between Porter and fellow McDonald’s All-American small forward Kevin Knox, who is averaging 15.4 points and 5.6 rebounds for the Cats. (Knox visited Mizzou with Porter, apparently teasing Tigers fans enough that they booed Knox every time he touched the ball in the Feb. 3 meeting.) But the Yahoo report raises the question of whether Knox will be held out of the game Saturday while UK investigates. Calipari said Friday, though, that he expects Knox to play.
- While 5-star freshman guard Hamidou Diallo has remained in Kentucky’s starting lineup, his minutes keep dwindling. He played only 15 against Alabama and just 10 in the win at Arkansas. “I want him just to make really easy plays to get himself going — worry about defense, worry about running the stuff we’re trying to run, lose yourself in the team,” Calipari said. “He [practiced] well yesterday. I just told him, I said it again: ‘We need you to be a player for us to do what we’re trying to do.’ “
- The Cats’ most successful lineup has emerged: Quade Green, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Kevin Knox, PJ Washington and Jarred Vanderbilt. “The two guys that are playing well together are Jarred and PJ. They’re playing well off one another,” Calipari said of the 5-star freshman forwards who have combined for 51 points and 33 rebounds the last two games. “They kind of got a good feel for each other when they’re out on that court together. Quade is playing better, Shai is doing what he does, Kevin Knox is way better. Nick [Richards] and Sacha [Killeya-Jones] are doing good. We need Wenyen [Gabriel to step it up a little bit. He was a little bit better a week or two ago. He’s got to come back to where he was.”
The post Kentucky-Missouri basketball: Game time, TV channel, how to watch online (February 24, 2018) appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.