COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get your Ohio State football fix on Inside the Shoe, brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, the Ohio State basketball program announced a huge schedule addition to begin the 2018-19 season with a home-and-home series against Cincinnati. Kyle Lamb discusses the importance of the series and the history of the elusive non-rivalry.
Also on the show, Jeremy Birmingham talks about Ohio State’s receiver depth and young linebackers. Kyle reacts to J.T. Barrett’s comments during interviews on Tuesday.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Other topics discussed on Inside the Shoe include:
- Ohio State’s announcement of a home-and-home basketball series with the University of Cincinnati beginning at Fifth Third Arena to open the 2018-19 season, fulfilling a promise made by Chris Holtmann to beef up OSU’s schedule.
- The background on why there have been so few meetings between Ohio State and Cincinnati and the nearly 100 years since the two last met within the state’s boundaries.
- Whether this highly anticipated series should go beyond the initial two years and become an annual fixture.
- Barrett’s comments to the media on Tuesday indicating some frustration with continued questions about the deep ball.
- Why Ohio State wasn’t throwing the ball downfield very much in the last couple of seasons.
- The emerging depth of the OSU football roster especially on the defensive line and at wide receiver.
- Progress of young linebackers in practice, on scout team and on special teams.
- New depth chart notes including Jordan Fuller’s being listed as the starter over Erick Smith.
Tune in to the show on Wednesday for a preview of the game Saturday against Maryland with Land of 10’s Ryan Ginn and Jeff Ermann of InsideMDSports.com.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.
The post Ohio State podcast: Buckeye basketball delivers on promise to beef up schedule appeared first on Land of 10.