Ohio State is just getting started with the 2019 recruiting class, but the Buckeyes are hot on the trail of many of the nation’s top prospects. The Buckeyes have only three commitments to date, but plenty of top prospects have been visiting and staying in communication with Ohio State’s coaches. Here’s what to know about Ohio State’s 2019 recruiting:
Latest news for Ohio State’s 2019 recruiting class
- Ohio State recruiting: Sam Howell bonds with Ryan Day on visit; elite RB will visit twice – March 22
- Ohio State recruiting: Buckeyes’ quarterback board beginning to take shape – March 22
- Ohio State recruiting: Florida trio set for official visits; Pennsylvania recruit planning OSU trips – March 21
- Ohio State recruiting mailbag: A change in QB recruiting; spring game commitments – March 21
- Ohio State recruiting: Sampson James speaks on his commitment; Buckeyes offer 5-star standout – March 20
- Twitter reacts to James’ Ohio State commitment – March 20
- James’ commitment gives Ohio State a blue-chip, bell-cow back – March 19
- Ohio State recruiting: Top-100 prospect schedules official visit; updates from Mich. and Penn. – March 19
- James commits to Ohio State: Buckeyes add RB to 2019 class – March 19
- Ohio State recruiting: How many prospects will Buckeyes sign in 2019? – March 19
- Ohio State recruiting: Key week of visits on tap for Buckeyes – March 18
Ohio State football’s 2019 class
Ohio State has just three commitments in the 2019 recruiting class, with two standout offensive linemen who are close to home for the Buckeyes, and a top running back.
- T Doug Nester, 4 stars, Huntington (W.Va.) Spring Valley
- RB Sampson James, 4 stars, Avon (Ind.)
- T Ryan Jacoby, 4 stars, Mentor (Ohio)
Where Ohio State’s 2019 class ranks
Ohio State’s 2019 recruiting class ranks No. 21 in the 247Sports composite team rankings. Of course, with just three commitments in the class, the Buckeyes are hard-pressed to rank very high in the team rankings at the moment. The good news is that they have the top-ranked class in the country among teams that have three or fewer commits.
Position breakdown of the Buckeyes’ 2019 class
Ohio State’s target number for recruits remains extremely flexible with nearly a year until National Signing Day in 2019. The Buckeyes also don’t have a clear idea yet of their projected scholarship numbers for the 2019 class without knowing which players could leave the program between the start of spring football and the start of the 2018 season. There’s plenty of time for these projected numbers to change and adapt.
Geographic breakdown of the class
Indiana: 1 (James)
Ohio: 1 (Jacoby)
West Virginia: 1 (Nester)
Top uncommitted Ohio State targets
Ohio State’s target board is just beginning to sort out, and there’s plenty of time for things to change. Here are some early looks at what you could expect out of the list of top prospects moving forward:
- Ohio State recruiting: Predicting the future Buckeyes (2019 mock class) – March 1
- Ohio State recruiting: Breaking down Buckeyes’ top targets on defense – Feb. 16
- Ohio State recruiting: Buckeyes’ next top targets on offense emerge – Feb. 15
- Ohio State recruiting: Breaking down Ohio’s top 2019 prospects on defense – Feb. 13
- Ohio State recruiting: Breaking down Ohio’s top 2019 prospects on offense – Feb. 12
The post Ohio State recruiting: Latest news on Buckeyes’ 2019 class appeared first on Land of 10.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.