Joe Tiller was the winningest coach in Purdue football history and the Boilermakers are going act as such on Saturday in honor of the deceased coach.
— Purdue Football (@BoilerFootball) October 4, 2017
Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck had already announced the Gophers will be wearing special logos in honor of Tiller and Purdue football, but it should come as no shock that the Boilermakers are taking the tributes several steps further.
How Purdue plans to honor former coach Joe Tiller on Saturday vs. Minnesota
- A pregame moment of silence
- Special helmets meant to replicate those worn when Tiller was coach
- Special helmet stickers
- A commemorative football presented to Tiller’s son, Michael, and his family
- A halftime video tribute
- A recognition of members of the 1997 Purdue football team, Tiller’s first team in West Lafayette
- Official gameday programs featuring Tiller on the cover
The post Purdue to honor former coach Joe Tiller throughout game Saturday appeared first on Land of 10.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.