KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee basketball can clinch a double bye in the SEC tournament with a win at Ole Miss on Saturday, but nothing comes easy this time of year.
The No. 19-ranked Vols have split their past four games and aren’t anywhere close to the level they were playing at when they routed the Rebels by 33 points three weeks ago.
Ole Miss, meanwhile, has renewed energy and motivation after Andy Kennedy stepped down as coach last Sunday. The Rebels responded by going on the road and knocking off Missouri in overtime on Tuesday night.
Tennessee coach Rick Barnes continues to experiment at the Vols’ point guard position, still lacking the level of consistency he demands at the position.
A foot injury to starting post Kyle Alexander could prove troublesome and is worth keeping an eye on, while freshman power forward Derrick Walker is expected to return from a sprained ankle suffered on Tuesday.
Tennessee-Ole Miss basketball: Game info, details
- Time: Tipoff is at 1:01 p.m. ET, Feb, 24, 2018
- Location: The Pavilion, Oxford, Miss.
- Records: Tennessee 20-7 overall, 10-5 SEC; Ole Miss 12-16, 5-10 SEC
How can I watch the Tennessee basketball game?
The game can be watched on the SEC Network
How can I livestream the Tennessee basketball game?
The game can be seen on the WatchESPN app . (Cable or satellite subscription required.)
How can I listen to the Tennessee basketball game?
The game will air on the Vol Sports Network . Satellite: Sirius 137, XM 190
Projected Tennessee basketball starting lineup
- Point guard: Sophomore Jordan Bone
- Shooting guard: Sophomore Jordan Bowden
- Small forward: Junior Admiral Schofield
- Power forward: Sophomore Grant Williams
- Power forward: Junior Kyle Alexander
3 things to know about Tennessee basketball
• Tennessee hasn’t won at Ole Miss since 2011, and that was with Tony Jones filling in for Bruce Pearl. Tad Smith Coliseum was one of only two SEC venues Pearl didn’t win at while coaching the Vols.
• Tennessee’s RPI rank is No. 11 entering the game, Ole Miss is No. 103. It’s possible the Vols could win and drop in the RPI rankings.
• The all-time series between Tennessee and Ole Miss basketball is tied at 25-25 in Oxford, but the Vols are just 2-7 on the road against the Rebels since the turn of the century.
What’s next for Tennessee basketball?
The Vols face Mississippi State on Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Humphrey Coliseum in Starkville, Miss.
The post Tennessee basketball vs. Ole Miss: Time, TV channel, how to watch online (February 24, 2018) appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.