KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee football coach Jeremy Pruitt did interviews with local Knoxville television stations on Monday, including a rapid-fire question-and-answer session.
Pruitt, a 43-year-old Rainsville, Ala. native, proved true to his small town roots.
The Vols are coming off a 4-8 season entering Pruitt’s rookie campaign as a head coach, and there are all sorts of questions he must answer this spring.
Tennessee opens spring drills on Tuesday with several positions up for grabs, but Monday was a chance to get to know the coach better.
Knoxville’s WATE-6 asked Pruitt about his familiarity with the Vols’ program, and Pruitt replied, ‘There’s plenty of Tennessee fans from where I’m from.”
Jeremy Pruitt on familiarity with Vols culture: “When I was growing up, you knew about the culture at Tennessee. At that time, Tennessee was beating Alabama on a regular basis so I’m pretty familiar with it.” #Vols pic.twitter.com/j0WwFmn7Rx
— Marshall Hughes (@marshallhughes) March 19, 2018
Knoxville’s WBIR-TV asked Pruitt for his personal non-football favorites during its allotted time with the head coach in the Neyland Thompson Sports Complex:
Favorite movie: Tombstone
Favorite music: Country
Favorite band: Alabama
Favorite vacation spot: Gatlinburg.
Favorite food: Cornbread
— Luke Slabaugh (@LukeSlabaugh) March 19, 2018
More Tennessee football stories
- Tennessee football coordinator discusses unsettled QB situation
- Jeremy Pruitt’s latest update on Tennessee football WR Jauan Jennings
- Tennessee football coach Jeremy Pruitt provides update on O-line health
- Jeremy Pruitt set to create Tennessee football culture
- Distinctive features of Jeremy Pruitt’s defensive style revealed
- Tennessee football position changes set for start of spring
The post WATCH: Tennessee football coach Jeremy Pruitt’s favorites are country music, Gatlinburg and cornbread appeared first on SEC Country.