The sixth SEC teleconference of the 2017 football season took place on Wednesday. All 14 of the league’s head coaches made a 10-minute appearance to dish on their team in the final days of preparation for their upcoming opponents.
Here’s a look at the highlights from each coach’s appearance on the SEC teleconference on Wednesday, Oct. 4:
Ed Orgeron, LSU:
- On upcoming matchup with Florida: “Obviously we’re very disappointed with our performance as coaches and players against Troy. … We had a meeting with our team leaders. I met with them, they met with the team, we threw everything out on the table. … It’s been a very positive week. We’re looking forward to a very competitive football game.”
- On what he can do to fix issues: “Make sure everybody’s pulling on the same side of the rope. Energy, we’ve got to a do a better job with energy on this football team.”
- On slow start: “We’re very thin on the offensive line, we play two freshmen on the offensive line. We lost a lot of starters on the defensive line. … We lost a little bit of our physicality. We’re going into games and we’re not starting very fast.”
- On competitive balance in SEC: “I think it’s one of those years. I think having an experienced quarterback, having depth, you see the guys that are winning, they’ve done a tremendous job of recruiting for four, five, six, seven years in a row.”
- Said JaCoby Stevens made the decision to move from wide receiver to safety: “I think that’s going to be a permanent move.”
- On Florida: “Great offensive line, best line we’ve seen so far this year. Good defensive line. They have three running backs that can run the football.”
- On team meeting with AD Joe Alleva and coordinators on Monday: “We all got on the same page. It was a very positive meeting.”
Kirby Smart, Georgia:
Jim McElwain, Florida:
Derek Mason, Vanderbilt:
Nick Saban, Alabama:
Butch Jones, Tennessee:
Bret Bielema, Arkansas:
Barry Odom, Missouri:
Matt Luke, Ole Miss:
Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M:
Mark Stoops, Kentucky:
Dan Mullen, Mississippi State:
Will Muschamp, South Carolina:
Gus Malzahn, Auburn:
Be sure to check back throughout the teleconference for live updates.
The post What all 14 SEC coaches said during the Week 6 SEC teleconference appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.