Recruiting for the 2021 class has already begun for the Dayton Flyers.
Wesley Cardet, a 6-foot-5 guard from Northeast High School in Oakland Park, Fla., just north of Fort Lauderdale, received a scholarship offer Wednesday, according to multiple reports. He’s the first player in the class of 2021 to receive an offer from Dayton.
» LOOK AHEAD: What the roster looks like now
Cardet received an offer from the Florida Gators on Tuesday.
Dayton coaches are also at work on the 2020 class, offering scholarships earlier this year to Zeb Jackson, of Maumee Valley Country Day School in Toledo, Posh Alexander, a 6-2 guard from New York City, Devontae Blanton, a 6-4 guard from Lakewood St. Edward, and Andre Curbelo, a 6-0 point guard from Long Island Lutheran.
» SPORTS TODAY: It’s a guard, guard world for Dayton (and everyone else)
Dayton has made numerous offers to the 2019 class, most recently to Joshua Pierre-Louis, a 6-3 point guard from North Arlington, N.J.
Among the other players in the 2019 class Dayton is recruiting or has recruited are:
• Andre Gordon, a 6-1 guard from Sidney.
• Tyler Bertram, a 6-3 guard from Vermont Academy.
• Tyson Etienne, a 6-3 point guard from Long Island Lutheran.
• Jovan Blacksher Jr., a 5-10, 160-pound point guard from Shadow Mountain High School in Phoenix, Ariz.
• Diante Smith, a 6-6, 195-pound small forward from Choctawhatchee High School in Fort Walton Beach, Fla.
• Toumani Camara, a 6-6, 200-pound small forward from Chaminade-Madonna College Preparatory in Hollywood, Fla.
• Kira Lewis, a 6-foot-3 junior guard from Hazel Green High School in Hazel Green, Ala.
• Tre Mann, a 6-4 point guard from The Villages Charter School (Fla.).
• Joe Toussaint, a 6-1 point guard from Cardinal Hayes in Bronx, N.Y.
• Tyrell Jones, a 6-1 point guard from West Oaks Academy in Orlando, Fla.
Dayton has two scholarships open in the 2018 class after signing Frankie Policelli, Ibi Watson and Rodney Chatman in recent weeks and will have one scholarship opening after the 2018-19 season.