Here are five of the area’s top high school wrestling events:
1. GMVWA Holiday Tournament: The annual event returns to the Butler Student Activity Center in Vandalia on Dec. 27-28. Draws many of the top teams from Springfield, Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus. A great sectional and district preview.
»RELATED: 5 can’t-miss wrestling events
»RELEATED: 5 more can’t-miss wrestling events
»RELATED: Cochran powers Wildcats
2. OHSAA state team tournament: The path to the team state title starts on Jan. 24 at eight regional sites each division. Winners advance to the finals at Ohio State University’s St. John Arena in Columbus on Feb. 11.
3. Clark County Clash: Defending champion Tecumseh will host the annual event on Jan. 6. The Arrows had four individual titles to win last season’s Clash at Springfield High School.
4. Central Buckeye Conference tournament: Otherwise known as the Graham Invitational on Feb. 18 at Northwestern. Jonathan Alder joins the lineup for the first time and replaces Greenon.
5. Ohio Heritage Conference tournament: Mechanicsburg is the defending state Division III team champion, but that was during the Kaleb Romero era. Greeneview should challenge Mechanicsburg for top honors at Northeastern on Feb. 17. Greenon competes for the first time after jumping from the Central Buckeye Conference.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.