• The Patriots lead 14-8.
• The most recent meeting was a 38-24 Patriots win at New England in the 2010 season opener. Carson Palmer threw for 345 yards and a pair of touchdowns, and Chad Johnson caught 12 passes for 159 yards, including a 28-yard touchdown. But Tom Brady threw for 258 yards and three scores and the Patriots also got a defensive touchdown and a 97-yard kick return for a TD by current Bengals returner Brandon Tate.
• New England has won the last four meetings and seven of the last eight.
• The Bengals’ last win was a 23-17 victory at Paul Brown Stadium in the 2001 season opener.
• The Bengals are 6-6 in games played in Cincinnati.
• The first game in series history was played in 1968 at baseball’s Fenway Park, with the Patriots beating the expansion Bengals 33-14.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.