This weekend will remind you of spring, and that means mild temperatures and possible thunderstorms. Here is what you need to know and how you can prepare for the impactful weather:
- Showers and thunderstorms, gusty winds
- Impacts: Isolated severe threat, possible flooding (.5 - 1.5 inches of rain)
- Widespread strong winds, drying out and cooler
- Impacts: Strong winds, 30-40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph
- Timing: Dry by afternoon, strong winds from 1 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Check your sump pump.
- Spot check and trim trees, saturated soil weakens the root systems. Windy weather Sunday will increase the threat for trees to be damaged.
- Secure outdoor furniture, bring in trash cans.
- Be careful on the roads. Saturday night’s heavy rain could lead to hydroplaning. Sunday strong winds could cause high-profile vehicles to swerve.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.