Ever want to get online to fire off some sort of brilliant observation but fear getting sidetracked by the latest faux controversy or needless debate on Twitter or Facebook?
Me, too, but of course I don't want those ideas to die, so I've taken to recording them as I go just in case one ends up being worthwhile down the road.
Then I thought to myself, "Self, why should these wonderful ideas stay locked on your phone forever? Don't they deserve to be shared with the world?"
"Well, probably not," I thought in replay, "but content is king these days, so let's just see what happens."
And that's how we got to this blog post (thanks for hanging around so far).
Without further ado, consider these, "Things I would have Tweeted if Twitter were still a fun pastime."
It's a new feature on my blog (unless I never do it again)...
- When typing a message, beware how similar “lock” and “lick” are.
- Woody Hayes and Lyndon Johnson look a lot more alike than I ever realized.
- Beer cheese is so good it makes green bean fries enjoyable.
- Remember when ESPN replaced the great Aaron Boone with contemptible phony A-Rod?
- Kohl’s has jorts on sale.
- Once they institute in-game betting for baseball, one of the obvious ones will be Homer Bailey allowing runs the inning after his team scores
- Saw an ad for "s’mores sliders." Finally, s’mores in sandwich form!
And that's it for now.
Wasn’t by design, but I can’t think of a better way to wrap this little thing than with the most random observation from the best sportswriter who ever lived.
See you next time… if there is a next time.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.