MID-DAY UPDATE: Monday at the Democratic National Convention
- Bernie Sanders was booed by his own supporters after imploring his audience, "We must elect Hillary Clinton." Sanders' base and the Democratic party have had an uneasy relationship during the entire primary, but the situation became more volatile after emails released by Russian hackers showed DNC employees became agitated by Sanders throughout his campaign, especially over his affiliation as an independent and not a Democrat.
- Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook said the Russians and Russian hackers are working on behalf of the Trump campaign in order to help him win the election.
- Trump's convention bounce puts him ahead of Clinton nationally.
- Democratic National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who is leaving the post after the convention, was the center of a chaotic breakfast meetup among Florida delegates this morning as she was booed and heckled as she tried to address the crowd. It was another sign of brewing tensions of the DNC email leak.
- Ohio's Marcia Fudge will chair DNC; promises to promote unity.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.