» RETAIL APOCALYPSE: What’s really going on?
2. FORMER KMART
The former Kmart building, which has stood there for more than 40 years, has been deteriorating significantly in recent years.
“It will definitely attract a lot of shoppers,” Pereira said. “It will significantly improve that area.”
3. AT HOME’S GROWTH
At Home has opened 80 new stores in just four years, and plans to open 25 new stores in the 2018 fiscal year. The company has delivered revenue growth at a 20 percent compounded annual rate over the past four years, according to a company statement.
4. HOME DECOR AT DISCOUNTED PRICES
It operates 136 stores in 33 states, and sells “home products to fit any budget or style — from sofas, dining sets, mattresses and patio furniture to lamps, pillows, kitchenware, rugs and more, plus seasonal décor that includes yard displays, lights and Christmas trees.”
» INITIAL REPORT: At Home to open first area location in Beavercreek
5. BEAVERCREEK’S RETAIL EXPANSION
Other retailers have also opened along Indian Ripple Road in recent month. Flying Ace Express Car Wash opened at 4494 Indian Ripple Road, and a Starbucks location has also opened at 4492 Indian Ripple Road.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Local business offers healthy, organic meals delivered to your door
• Trump's election win, mass shootings impact Cabela's retail performance, retailer says
• WATCH: This Beavercreek retail space near The Greene is in desperate need of new life, and it's coming
• Opening date set for new area Kroger
• What regional airport has the best deals? Airfare gets cheaper locally