If you missed the big Oktoberfest party downtown, or you just don’t care for big crowds or spending two hours looking for a parking spot, there’s a much more accessible Oktoberfest happening this weekend in Lebanon.
>> PHOTOS: Did we spot you at Minster Oktoberfest?
The Lebanon Oktoberfest kicks off with a pooch parade at 11 a.m., and there’ll be plenty of food, beer, wine, activities and live music. Here’s the breakdown:
>> PHOTOS: Did we spot you at the Dayton Art Institute’s Oktoberfest?
Eleven vendors, comprised primarily of food trucks and catering companies, will be providing the food for Lebanon Oktoberfest. They are:
• CJC Catering (sausages, Schnitzel, and German appetizers)
• Jessie’s Place (Ribeye sandwiches, sausages, burgers)
• Dogfathers (hot dogs, burgers, meatloaf, brisket, pulled pork)
• Tweedles Mini Donuts (mini donuts with a variety of toppings)
• What the Taco (tacos, nachos, and burritos with fresh ingredients)
• Mom’s Homemade Goodies (soft pretzels, cream horns, fry pies)
• Dave and Phil’s Grill (steak sandwiches, sausages, chicken breast sandwiches)
• Kona Ice (Hawaiian-style shaved ice)
• Joe’s Mojo (flavored coffee and smoothies)
• Stengls Catering (pork chops, corn on the cob)
• Whiteacre Concessions (pork tenderloin, pizza)
>> PHOTOS: Did we spot you at Oktoberfest Springboro?
A comprehensive beer list wasn’t available at press time, but the following breweries will be participating in Lebanon Oktoberfest:
• The Common Beer Company
• Valley Vineyards Cellar Dweller
• West Side Brewing
• Warped Wing
• Municipal Brew Works
• Country Boy Brewing
• Anheuser Busch
Valley Vineyards will be providing the wine for Lebanon Oktoberfest. Be sure to sample their Merlot, Pink Catawba, Sangria, and Unoaked Chardonnay.
Four musical acts will take the stage at Lebanon Oktoberfest. They are:
• The Rheinlanders (Bavarian-style oompah pah band)
• Ken & Mary Turbo Accordians Express
• Timestamp (rock and alt-rock covers from the 1980s-90s)
• Oregonia (blues/rock covers)
The kids’ zone is open from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and includes mural painting, a Home Depot workshop, and activities by Thimble Gardens, a local botanical boutique.
HOW TO GO
Where: Mulberry Street, Lebanon
When: Saturday, Oct. 12, 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Cost: No admission cost.
More info: Facebook