Most everyone loves bacon, but have you had farm fresh bacon? Your local grocer has nothing on this festival’s Country Store. In addition to fresh bacon, you can purchase ham, loin, ribs, roast pork, sausage, pork chops, jerky, cracklings and more. The Country Store will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
2.) PORK CHOP, SAUSAGE or HAM DINNER
The festival's Swine and Dine features a meal that would fill up most appetites. The meal comes with choice of a barbecued pork chop, sausage or ham, potato wedges, baked beans, coleslaw, applesauce, a slice of pie and a drink for $8, $10 or $12. Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday or until SOLD OUT.
3.) SAUSAGE AND PANCAKES
No need to stop for breakfast before hitting the Pork Festival because the organizers have that waiting for you from 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. both days. Each breakfast comes with pancakes, fresh smoked sausage and a drink ($7 adults, $4 for children).
BUT THAT’S NOT ALL ...
Other foods you’ll find at the festival:
• Pulled pork nachos, $6 (Midway)
• Cracklins and Jerky Sticks $4-$6 (Bruner Building and the Country Store)
• Hot dogs, $3 (Hot Dog Stands, Kids Zone)
• Ham, $4 (Hot Dog Stands and Kids Zone)
• Smoked Sausage, $5 (Hot Dog Stands and Kids Zone)
• Pork Rinds, $2 (Hot Dog Stands)
• Donuts, $1 (Hot Dog Stands) -- until sold out
• Mac & Cheese, $2 (Kids Zone)
MORE TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN 2019
• This year bacon, egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches will be sold ($4) at the hot dog and pop stands on the festival grounds.
• Free Country Concert on Saturday at 3 p.m. with Higher Vision, a bluegrass band, and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. with country musicians the Richard Lynch Band.
• Kid zone activities including Zorb (obstacle course and quad jump)
• Live pig display
• Kiddie tractor pull on Sunday
• The racing pigs are back!
• New souvenirs like shot glasses, magnets, tumblers and ornaments will be sold in near the rabbit barn.
>> GET COMPLETE SCHEDULE HERE
WANT TO GO?
What: Preble County Pork Festival
When: Sept. 21; 6:30 a.m.-8 p.m., Sept. 22; 6:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Where: Preble County Fairgrounds, 722 S. Franklin St., Eaton
Info: 937-456-7273 | Website | Facebook