Utility worker suffers electric shock, is hospitalized


An electric company worker was shocked Wednesday afternoon while working on a utility pole.

The man, who was not identified, was unresponsive after he suffered an electric shock just before 2:30 p.m. in the 1600 block of Aldrich Road in Jefferson Twp., according to the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office.

ExploreCoronavirus: Ohioans warned against travel to 4 states

Deputies began CPR and used a defibrillator while waiting for medics to arrive. He was then taken to Miami Valley Hospital, where his condition is unknown.

The man is a contract worker for the Dayton Power & Light Co. He was working on some underground lines at the time of the accident, Mary Ann Kabel, DP&L’s director of corporate communications, said.

DP&L is cooperating with investigators and hopes for the contract worker’s full recovery, she said.

In Other News