» TRENDING BUSINESS NEWS: This $2 million Warren County estate is a rural paradise with a resort-style pool
“This report helps people in these areas be more aware of what may contribute to their allergy symptoms so they can work with their health care providers to get relief. With the right treatment plan, seasonal allergies can be managed for better quality of life,” said Kenneth Mendez, president and CEO of AAFA.
Why is spring such a bad time for allergies? Tree pollen is highest in the spring. It can even start as early as January or February in parts of the country. Grass pollen also starts to appear later in the season. Symptoms can include sneezing, congestion, itchy eyes and a runny nose. Those with allergic asthma might also have asthma flare-ups.
To reduce your exposure to seasonal allergens, use an air conditioner and a dehumidifier to keep air clean, cool and dry; stay indoors, especially in the morning when pollen counts are highest, and on windy days; keep windows closed in your home and car; and shower after spending extended periods of time outdoors.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• 15 memories, moments at Elder-Beerman that influenced your lives
• Pier 1 Imports to close up to 25 stores
• Elder-Beerman parent company confirms liquidation
• You won't believe the inside of this INCREDIBLE Oakwood house
• No retail apocalypse for these companies: 5 retailers opening stores in 2018