1) The Auditor of State Award is given to entities that meet the criteria of having a "clean" audit report.
2) A "clean" audit means the audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs.
3) The entity's management letter contains no comments related to ethics referrals; questioned costs are less than $10,000; and findings for recovery are less than $100.
4) The entity has no other financial or other concerns.
5) The Auditor of State's office, one of five independently elected statewide offices in Ohio, is responsible for auditing more than 6,000 state and local government agencies. The office also provides financial services to local governments, investigates and prevents fraud in public agencies and promotes transparency in government.
Community Information Manager Stacy Schweikhart said city officials are “committed to financial transparency and open government.”
She added that residents are encouraged to go to the "How Your Tax Dollars Improve Our Community" link on the www.ketteringoh.org homepage for access to city budget information.
“Visitors to the website can quickly find all of the latest city budget documents along with easy to search databases for all city spending and city salaries,” Schweikhart said.