Fan, not ammonia leak, triggers evacuation of Aldi warehouse in Springfield 

TRENDING: U.S. 35 shots fired: Dayton police arrest suspect, say incident not random 

A member of the maintenance crew said a security guard with the company erred on the side of caution and called the fire department when the fan shut off. 

A hazmat crew and at least one rescue unit were sent to the facility, located at 4400 S. Charleston Pike, just after 7 p.m. on report of the possible ammonia leak. 

"We didn't have an ammonia leak at all," the crew member said. "Everybody's back to work." 

If you have a news tip, call our 24-hour line at 937-259-2237 or send it to newsdesk@cmgohio.com 

Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.

X