1 displaced in smoky apartment fire at senior living facility in Troy

UPDATE @ 10:57 p.m.: An elderly woman left articles in the oven, which filled her third-floor apartment with smoke, said Platoon Cmdr. Tim Haywood, Troy Fire Department.

Residents were evacuated to the main floor of the StoryPoint Senior Living facility. No one was injured, Haywood said.

The resident will have to spend the night in a guest room while a crew repairs the smoke and water damage to her unit.

Haywood estimated the damage to the oven at $500.


Crews are on the scene of a fire in a third-floor apartment at an assisted living facility in the 1800 block of Towne Park Drive in Troy.

The incident, believed to involve an overheated oven spitting flames, was dispatched just after 10 p.m. and we're hearing that the complex, believed to be StoryPoint Senior Living, is being evacuated because flames could be seen coming from the unit.

OTHER LOCAL NEWS: Road to be named to honor fallen Marine

We're also hearing that the fire has been contained to that apartment, the entire floor is consumed by smoke and that all residents have been moved from that floor. The second floor is being affected by smoke as well.

There have been no reports of injury.

We have a crew on the way. We will update this developing report. Stay with whio.com for breaking news.

Got a tip? Call our monitored 24-hour line, 937-259-2237, or send it to newsdesk@cmgohio.com  

About the Author