City Council looking to fill Huber Heights Planning Commission vacancy

Residents interested in the Huber Heights community now have the chance to get involved.

The Huber Heights City Council is now accepting applications until Dec. 31 to fill an opening on the Huber Heights Planning Commission, according to a release. Applicants must be a resident and registered to vote.

>> After 30 years, Santa still bringing magic to the Upper Valley Mall

Applications can be found at City Hall, 6131 Taylorsville Road or from the City of Huber Heights website.

The Planning Commission, and the Board, advises City Council on important issues. They:

  • Review and approve all Planned Unit Developments (PUDs), rezoning requests, and any new subdivisions
  • Approve and recommend a comprehensive land use plan and an official map of the city for review and approval
  • Prepare and recommend ordinances and resolutions that promote the general welfare of the city and it's inhabitants

The Planning Commission meets twice a month in the Council Chambers at the Huber Heights City Hall on the second and forth Tuesdays at 7 p.m., or as needed.

>> Other local news

Applications should be sent to the Huber Heights City Council, c/o Anthony Rodgers, Clerk of Courts, 6131 Taylorsville Road, Huber Heights, Ohio 45424 or to

About the Author