The fire that destroyed a farm house on Ohio 242 near Versailles Wednesday afternoon possibly started from a wood burning stove, officials said.
RELATED: Darke Co. barn fire: 3 of 5 hog barns destroyed
At least two alarms were dropped for the fire with several fire departments responding to the two-story brick structure that was engulfed in flames down a far lane.
Firefighters had to truck numerous loads of water to battle the farmhouse’s blaze.
No injuries were reported and the family is being helped by the Darke County Chapter of the American Red Cross.
The fire remains under investigation.
In Other News
Brown visits Springfield derailment site to promote train safety bill
Springfield Museum of Art begins major renovation work
EXPLAINER: What is the Katelyn Markham death case, and who is involved?
Levy shortfall: Middletown fire stations to cost $10M more than...
WATCH: Security camera catches Springfield propane tank explosion, fire
About the Author