Hot dogs left on stove leads to apartment fire leaving 1 injured

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

Combined ShapeCaption
Xenia Town Square Heavy Smoke

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

XENIA

A person who fell asleep cooking hot dogs on the stove led to a fire that left one person injured in Xenia this morning.

>> Woman dies in early morning fire in Dayton

One person was taken out on a stretcher by EMS for smoke inhalation from the fire in the 280 block of Xenia Towne Square Apartments Friday morning. A couple other residents where checked by medics on the scene for smoke inhalation.

The only damage done was to the stove.

“Any time you’re cooking or around an open flame or candle,  you need to exercise a little extra caution,” said Xenia City Fire Captain Tom Norris.

About the Authors