Iowa man suffers serious burns after boat catches fire in garage

An Iowa man suffered serious burns Monday when a boat he was working on caught fire in a garage, authorities said.

>> Read more trending news

According to Lt. Heath Osberg of the Polk County Sheriff's Office, David Boots, 37, of Grimes, was working on his boat in the garage when the engine caught fire, KCCI reported.

Boots was taken to an area hospital with serious burns, according to WHO-TV.

Members of the Johnston/Grimes Fire Department were able to contain the fire to the garage, the television station reported. Authorities said the damage to the garage was minimal.

About the Author