The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service announced a recall of 24,428 pounds of raw beef products.
The recall was issued after the beef was declared unfit for human consumption, according to the USDA.
The beef carcasses were processed into products before they could undergo further testing by FSIS officials.
The items were packaged Aug. 21 at American Beef Packers Inc. in Chino, California, and were sent to federal establishments in California and Oregon.
- Bulk bins of 85 boneless beef chunks with lot number 110 and BIN numbers 85 and 86.
- Bulk bins of 90 boneless beef with lot number 110 and BIN numbers 81, 82, and 83.
- Bulk bins of 85 boneless beef with lot number 25-110 and BIN number 84
- Bulk bins of 85 boneless beef with lot number 110 and BIN number 88.
- Cases of rib-eye 8/10 #1 with codes BT190821-1178, BT190821-1185, BT190821-1188, BT190821-1190, and BT190821-1194.
- 62.2-pound case of rib-eye 10 UP#1 with code BT190821-1186.
- Bulk bin of 90 boneless beef sirloins with lot number 24-110 and BIN number 80.
- Cases of tenderloin 4 UP with codes BT190821-1160, BT190821-1161, BT190821-1162, BT190821-1163, BT190821-1167, BT190821-1168, BT190821-1169, and BT190821-1170.
- Cases of rib-eye 10 UP with codes BT190821-1187 and BT190821-1192.
- Cases of tenderloin 3/4# with codes BT190821-1155, BT190821-1157, BT190821-1171, BT190821-1200, BT190821-1201, BT190821-1202, BT190821-1203, BT190821-1204 and BT190821-1205.
- 50-pound cases of beef for further processing 75/25 with lot code 08347412719.
All of the beef subjected to the recall has the establishment number EST. 34741 and is labeled American Beef Packers.
The FSIS recommends either throwing away the beef or returning it to the place of purchase.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.