The Food and Drug Administration has announced a tattoo ink recall.
The FDA said the six types affected by the recall came from different manufacturers and are contaminated with microorganisms.
The contamination could cause serious injuries and infections with symptoms that include rashes or lesions where the ink was injected.
The inks under the recall include:
- Scalpaink SC basic black tattoo ink, manufactured by Scalp Aesthetics, all lots.
- Scalpaink PA basic black tattoo ink, manufactured by Scalp Aesthetics, all lots.
- Scalpaink AL basic black tattoo ink, manufactured by Scalp Aesthetics, all lots.
- Dynamic Color, black tattoo ink, manufactured by Dynamic Color Inc., lots 12024090, 12026090.
- Solid Ink, Diablo (red) tattoo ink, manufactured by Color Art Inc. lot 10.19.18.
Consumers are being told to ask their artists what inks they use before getting a tattoo. Tattoo studios are being told to not use the products under the recall.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.