You’ve seen her on “The Apprentice” and you’ve seen her clothing line in stores across the country. Tonight, you’ll see her introduce her father as the Republican nominee for president of the United States.
Ivanka Trump had a high-profile life before her father, Donald Trump, decided to run for president. She was part of the family business, participated in Trump's "Apprentice" reality TV show and started a clothing and jewelry line.
Since her father decided to run for president, she is seen more often on a national stage, campaigning for him, and, by many accounts, offering advice.
While you may know some things about her life in and out of the spotlight, here’s a few things you may have missed.
1. Ivanka's parents divorced in 1991, when she was 10 years old.
2. She is 34, married to Jared Kushner and has three children – Areabella, 5, Joseph 2, Theodore 3 months old.
3. She is executive vice president of development and acquisitions at the Trump Organization.
4. She has her own line of clothing and jewelry.
5. She has 670,000 Instagram followers and 1.75 million Twitter followers
6. Her birth name is Ivana, like her mother. It was changed to Ivanaka, a diminutive of the name Ivana.
7. She converted to Judaism and took the name “Yael.”
8. She was asked to be on reality TV show "The Bachelorette.” She turned the offer down.
9. She was a model. She is 5’11’’ tall.
10. She is (or, at least, was) friends with Chelsea Clinton, daughter of Hillary Clinton.
11. Ivanka donated $1,000 to Hillary Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign. She also donated to Mitt Romney’s 2012 campaign. She hosted a fundraiser for Cory Booker’s U.S. Senate campaign in 2013.
Sources: CNN; US; ivankatrump.com; Vanity Fair; Town and Country
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.