For those looking to shop local for the holidays, downtown Yellow Springs is a top spot to find some unique gifts.
Yellow Springs offers an eclectic assortment of stores, galleries and restaurants with options for many tastes.
Here are seven great places to shop this holiday season:
1. Asanda Imports, 230 Xenia Avenue. This unique shop features items from all over the world, including jewelry, bags, scarves, women's and children's clothing, items for the home and more. It’s a good spot to find gifts for the ladies on your shopping list.
2. Dark Star Books, 237 Xenia Avenue. At this well-rounded independent bookstore, you’ll mostly find used books, but there also are select new books, as well as comics, graphic novels, games, literary shirts and mugs and a selection of bumper stickers. If you have a bookworm or comic book fan to shop for, this is your spot.
3. Emporium Wines & Underdog Café, 233 Xenia Avenue. Stop here for lunch if you like, but you can also find an extensive wine and specialty beer selection for those hard-to-shop-for people on your list. You can’t go wrong with a great bottle of wine.
4. Mr. Fub’s Party Toys & More, 252 Xenia Avenue. Find unique toys for kids of all ages at Mr. Fub’s, a store that seeks to delight, enchant and entice imagination and curiosity.
5. Ohio Silver, 245 Xenia Avenue. An alternative jewelry store unlike most others, Ohio Silver offers beautiful handcrafted sterling jewelry from around the world.
6. Toxic Beauty Records and Gallery, 220 Xenia Avenue, Second Floor. For the music lovers on your list, this rock & roll gallery specializes in rare and collectable vinyl and limited edition concert posters.
7. Urban Handmade, 113 Corry Street. Find handmade items and lots of different gift options here, including, apparel, jewelry, accessories, handbags, paper goods, bath and body, original art and more.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.