Damage reports from Tuesday evening's round of heavy rain are ranging from downed power lines to some downed trees and branches.
Reports of damage are being made from eastern Indiana, into a wide area surrounding Dayton stretching from St. Marys in Auglaize County to Champaign County.
There have been no reports of any injuries.
Here is a timeline of some of the damage reports:
- 8:22 p.m.: Transformer on fire in the 6600 block of Homestretch Road, Vandalia.
- 7:59 p.m.: Lightning strike reported in the 1600 block of Drake Drive, Xenia.
- 7:44 p.m.: Several trees reported down on Kennard Kingscreek Road, Champaign County.
- 7:34 p.m.: Wires down in the roadway in the 1500 block of Pershing Avenue, Dayton.
- 7:07 p.m.: Limbs on power lines, one tree down north of Indiana Avenue in Richmond, Ind., Wayne County.
- 7:05 p.m.: Wires down in the 700 block of Union Road in Franklin, Warren County.
- 7:02 p.m.: Limbs on fire after contacting power lines in the 1400 block of Pinecrest Drive, Dayton. Fire crews called for a Dayton Power & Light crew to disable the lines before the fire crews could rectify the problem. The situation resolved itself, the fire crew reports later, when the limbs moved, presumably because of the evening winds.
- 6:59 p.m.: Cable wires down in the 100 block of East Water in Urbana, Champaign County.
- 6:16 p.m.: Tree down at Center Spring Avenue at Ohio 48 in Waynesville, Warren County.
- 5:47 p.m.: Tree down on power lines in St Marys, Auglaize County.