- Story Highlights
- Dayton tied George Washington for regular-season title last season.
The top three teams in the Atlantic 10 women’s basketball standings last season will play each other home and away in the 2017-18 season.
The conference announced the scheduling pairings Thursday. Dayton and George Washington, who tied for the regular-season championship at 13-3, and Saint Louis, which finished a game back at 12-4, all play each other twice. Dayton also plays Fordham twice on the 16-game schedule.
"I am excited about our conference pairings and the challenge it presents to us,” said Dayton head coach Shauna Green said in a press release. “The league as always will be a grind and every game is going to be a battle. We will be tested having to play GW, Saint Louis, and Fordham twice. We can't wait to start this year’s journey in a couple weeks."
RELATED: Offseason Q and A with Shauna Green
Here’s a quick glance at Dayton’s other opponents. Dates and times have not been announced.
Home: Duquesne, George Mason, Rhode Island, St. Bonaventure and Virginia Commonwealth.
Road: Davidson, La Salle, Massachusetts, Richmond and Saint Joseph’s.
UD has not announced its non-conference schedule. Some games are known because they have been announced by teams playing Dayton.
COACHING FEATURE: McEntire excited about what she’s seen this summer
• Dayton will play Harvard on Nov. 10 at the University of Maine Tip-Off Tournament in Orono, Maine. Harvard finished 21-9 last season and played in the NIT.
• Dayton will play Maine or Tulane on Nov. 11 on the second day of the Maine tournament. The times of the tournament games have not been announced.
ALUMNI NEWS: Malott to play in Latvia
• The Flyers play at Quinnipiac at 7 p.m. Nov. 14. Quinnipiac overcame a 17-point deficit to win 63-60 at Dayton last season. The Bobcats reached the Sweet 16 last season.
• In an interview with the Dayton Daily News in July, Green said James Madison, Virginia and Green Bay were among the non-conference opponents Dayton would play at home.